Sunday 24 August 2014

the summer break

hello again internet!
I'm sorry for my hiatus, but considering that it's summer break and i'm in my homeland now, well, i guess you might understand why i haven't write as much as a word here for a very long time...

first of all, yeah! I'm in Indonesia right now and I've been so busy with family, friends, and... also I spent the majority of my summer break holed up in MY room reading things and okay, sleeping. But  for my defense I won't have much time to sleep for the next year to come.

How am I dong here? Well... okay. I love my family and I've missed them so, I love being here again, but since my little brother is back in the dorm and my older brother will soon go back to his town for uni, I'll be here alone with the Mom only (see how I left out the Dad? He's currently seldom to be found at home because of his new 'babies', read: a couple of newly bought planes by an airline company), so going back to the point, it is a little bit lonely,  but I won't take things for granted, for the next years to come I will live with another five girls, which means, lack of privacy at best and no privacy at all at worst. So I appreciate any peace I have now.

Then, about seeing my friends here... I guess studying abroad and making new friends, and also almost have  no chance at all to meet the girls here, made me realize how I actually miss having them as my close friends, I'm talking about my junior high besties (you know who you are) and also my high school friends (you also know who you are). You guys have been walking along side me through my journey of being the person I am now, no longer freshly graduated from high school (if one might say), and I'm grateful that I have you guys for who will I go to if I visit Indonesia again? I'm aware that I sounded a little bit cheesy right now but then again, I'm a drama queen at heart so... you understand me.
And I'm gonna miss you girls until the next time we meet.

Finally about Indonesia, not much has changed to this 'beloved' country. I found my self still at the same position I was before, I still hate this country. Remember how the lines between hating and loving something is blurry at best ? I hate this country. And I am so glad that I made the right decision to study abroad. Actually I loathe thee guts of the governments, I very much dislike politics and the slickness of the people here, and how pathetic they could be. They just don't change, with their feudal  brain and corrupted heart, well actually I doubted that they have any brain and hearts at all. You know they might even be just the vessels of the people above, the puppeteers, or the conspirators, or anything. Okay talking about those theories in this light post hiatus post is not  good at all, and I'm aware that I should stop, so there. I stop.

Okay then, I guess I will have to go now and I might write something substantial later, so see you then!
I'll go back to my break, or hibernation, or anything.

bye

No comments:

Post a Comment