Friday 11 July 2014

Babbles about Indonesia

Hello internet!
since I'm still wired, I might as well write more, and a tad bit more of this writing thing.
I did told you about the current condition of my country, right? *it's Indonesia if you don't know, heck yeah you are in 2014 ask google!*
Okay so... we're in the middle of an election now, a presidential election. and as important as that sounds... I don't give a sweat about that! *ha ironic qil*
sigh, sigh again, and SIGH AGAIN. because talking about indonesia needs a TONS of sigh. well yeah we can move past that and see the superficial happy place with tropical beaches and sunny shiny sun, and lovely humid air (let's just pretend global warming doesn't change anything about that)...
but that's superficial. a big red flag sign.
Let's just start this over... I read in a novel once (The Heist by someone I forgot the name) that Indonesia is the perfect place for scoundrels to hide, first of all, nobody knows about it, second, the corrupt government. again CORRUPT GOVERNMENT.
*I need to take a breather at this point*
it ashamed me, that one of the most noticeable from the country was the corrupt government. goes without saying "Hey I'm from Indonesia , and it's a public secret that we have a corrupt government"
damnit. *again pardon my profanity*

and then this election came. actually it's my first time to vote! I was finally 17 (last year) and I have the right to vote! I know it's an honor to be able to vote. thousands of women and some people in the old days used to be let out of the vote, but not in my country. they were decent enough to let everyone vote when they reach 17.
past that... I was not thrilled, at all.
I already had a bad feeling about this election since the *still* current president was sort of trying to subtly let the country fall into a ruin. since he was not eligible for another round and his party was sort of... scandalized *surprise surprise* I guessed he was trying to at least let the people see the actual jerk he was. yeah, sorry not sorry.
this election, was the dirtiest so far I have ever seen in my 18 years of life.
there were only 2 pairs of candidates, and none of them was promising, so we used the method of seeing the bigger picture beyond the pairs and eliminate which one was better. I daresay, I was proud of my decision. *but let's not get ahead of ourselves*
the first pair was decent, but the most important thing was the party following behind them wasn't that particular jerks party, people might say I'm too young and a bit dogmatic considering by my bringing up. but no no I don't accept that.
that party, people, was the most disgusting and simply idiotic party in Indonesia. I'm not gonna tell you which party was that, but if you are smart you'll find out.
I mean, using blatant lies and turning around the words of people, and simply making the life of innocent unassuming people worse by brainwashing their opinion? ew.
talk about collecting the bully of your school into a one big party, complete with their goons.
GROSS RIGHT? I KNOW.
anyway...
so the second pair was that party's candidate. and suffice to say I just looked past their names and just ignore them. intelligent people with decent conscience will KNOW. sorry I wasn't mean to be condescending... but who was I kidding, even an 18 y.o silly girl realized and saw behind their lies, which was maddeningly lot by the way.
my actual point was to point out some stupid things happening there,
like the black campaigning thing. I mean I give you an ovation, people, that you guys are so GENIUS, you are some story tellers, lie spinners, and amazing graphic designers.
how in the whole world did you guys come up with those ideas? it was beyond me.
simply stunning. and DISGUSTING.
why didn't you use your talent for a GREATER GOOD?
GOD HEAVENS ABOVE.
*okay, take a breath qil.*
if you see those article, internet, you will know why I'm talking like this. the silver lining was, you finally know that indonesia actually have some decent geniuses who were idiots at the same time, amazing, right? and then you will also finally know who's intelligent and who wasn't. sorry if you are offended. they said they value honesty, and I'm *out of character* following them.

post-election. now I thought the quick counts will result in something... better, I guess.
but NO
god.
even the quick count was stupid.
they're different in every media that you. don't. even. know. which one's right and which one's wrong.
I'm still secretly hoping for a tie, you know, to BURN THE STOVE.

okay. don't burn indonesia just yet, I'm planning on taking my family to live abroad, so please...
this take me to another point, the highlight is... living abroad is so NICE. yes the election is happening here, but it doesn't affect us directly.
and not-related but I'm glad the ambassador will change this year, I sort of loose faith in her. and the whole effing government. EVERYWHERE.

well,
that's good enough for today.
don't twist your anything in a bunch because of me, and sorry if you feel offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment