Tuesday 15 July 2014

My playlist here and there

Hello internet!
I have so many unfinished drafts these days, meaning: another long time until I come up with any idea at all.
but this time I'm going to try to write a little bit, this is a lighter topic because let's just say it plain and simple, the world do need more lightness.
Anyhow, this is about the songs I love, or more like the kind of bands I'm listening into.
I admit my taste of music is most of the times different than what people in my immediate circle has, so I actually have no one to share, hence me writing here.
My first and foremost, band that introduced me to the music world, although I'm not a musician myself *I can't play a note to save my self* I need music in my life, just to you know, fill the occasional emptiness...
so the band, Paramore! I have been a fan for more than 6 years now... starting form somewhere in 2008 when I listened to their song Emergency in the radio.
(Yeah, I did listened to the radio, when people still listened to altern and rock and quality ballads. not some electro thingy with autotuned voice... I admit they're still some talented people who made songs like that, but let's say I prefer the classic music instrument than some computer made songs.)
Paramore had been a constant backsound in my life. with their deep meaningful songs and Hayley's perfect voice, especially after the self-titled album was out, exactly the year I graduated from highschool. What's more suitable for a girl who just graduated and stepping her first step into the real world than some songs that tells her everyone feels the same? Take Grow Up for example, and Anklebiters, and all the interludes: Moving On, Holiday, I'm Not Angry Anymore, all reflected the story of someone who just stepped into the real world, tasting what does it feels like to finally live alone, the freedom, the hardship, the hurt, the happiness...
So basically, I love Paramore, and their songs will always be the soundtrack of my journey to find who I really am.

Next I have some random bands like Taking Back Sunday, Death Cab For Cutie, and Snow Patrol. I'm not saying that they are random or what, it's random because they all sounds so different but they hold the same place in my life.
While Paramore helps me in my growing up journey as some sort of constant reminder that I'm not alone, band like TBS, and some more random rock bands reflects my emo side. Surprise surprise I do have some emo side, their older songs are a reminder of the recent (I'm still 18 anyway) teenage years. And I want to keep a good memory of that times by listening to TBS songs...
And whenever I need a cosy moments, when some beautiful sexy voices (corny I know) playing in the background, I'll tune up Snow Patrol, and occasional Spill Canvas, and mybe The Script. Admit it, their songs will soothe you, and make your mellow heart more mellow. Okay, ignore me.
They have some really good songs and add to the sexy vocalists, your bad mood will probably be forgotten, at least that's what I do.

At last, whenever I feel poetic, and a little bit more mellow than I normally feel, and whenever I want to listen to songs with some heavy lyrics, DCFC is very good for this. Their songs, while the musics are light at times, the lyrics are so deep so beautiful they make me cry, even after a few times listening. Take What Sarah Said for example, it talked about love, that when you love someone you are bound to watch him die, not just that obviously, but you just really have to listen to them yourself.

Well, that's a little bit peek to my playlist and my fave bands... if you have some recommendations for me, or if you (whoever you are) have the same taste as me, we can be best buddies ;)

bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment